Distance to go:
Ben and Tarka will cover 1800 miles starting from Scott's Terra Nova Hut at the edge of Antarctica to the South Pole and back to the coast again. That's equivalent to 69 back-to-back marathons hauling up to 200kg each (the weight of roughly two adult men) of kit and supplies necessary to survive.
Distances here are shown in statute miles.
Terms and Conditions
- Only one person can sponsor each 'mile'.
- If the mile you request has already been taken we'll allocate the closest mile to your choice.
- Miles can be sponsored for a minimum donation of £100 GBP
- It is the responsibility of the mile owner to provide a full postal address to receive the badge.
- The Scott Expedition takes no responsibility for badges lost in the post.
- 1800 miles is the estimated length of Ben and Tarka's journey. This is subject to change as the expedition unfolds. The Scott Expedition will not modify the total number of miles available for sponsorship and in the event that less than 1800 miles is covered no funds will be returned.
- The Scott Expedition cannot confirm or commit to which mile will mark our arrival at key points on the route or guarantee that the 1800th mile will be the completion of the Scott Expedition.
- Sponsorship of a mile is non-refundable. No funds will be returned if the mile purchased is not covered on the expedition due to a reduction in route length or if the expedition is curtailed or abandoned.
- 'Sponsor a Mile' has been designed for fans and followers to participate in the expedition. If you're interested in commercial sponsorship of the Scott Expedition please contact Gillie Clarke, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor a Mile
Support Ben and Tarka’s journey by sponsoring a Scott Expedition ‘mile’. Each of the unclaimed 1800 ‘miles’ can be bought for a minimum donation of £100 via the PayPal link below.
We’re hugely grateful to all those who’ve contributed to date, in particular those who’ve supported us from the programme outset in 2006.