Distance to go:
Ben and Tarka will cover 1800 miles starting from Scott's Terra Nova Hut at the edge of Antarctica to the South Pole and back to the coast again. That's equivalent to 69 back-to-back marathons hauling up to 200kg each (the weight of roughly two adult men) of kit and supplies necessary to survive.
Distances here are shown in statute miles.
For press enquiries, please contact
Email email@example.com Mobile: +44 (0) 7791 101155
- Scott Expedition Complete 7 Feb 2014 (PDF)
- The Scott Expedition Reaches the South Pole, December 27th (PDF)
- White Christmas for Two British Explorers Following in Captain Scott's Shoes, December 24th (PDF)
- Ben & Tarka Bid the UK Farewell, October 3rd (PDF)
- Scott Expedition to depart October 2013, June 5th (PDF)